1. The Rules of the National Library's Children’s Room (the Rules hereinafter) regulate the order of children reception, organization of work with children, parents’ responsibility, and parties’ rights and duties.
2. The Rules are developed in conformity with the current legislation of the Republic of Belarus, the Charter of the National Library of Belarus, the Instructions for Use of the National Library of Belarus, sanitary codes and hygienic regulations “Hygienic requirements for structure, maintenance and activity of infant schools” and other government regulations concerning life and health protection at children’s institutions.
3. The Children’s room is created and functions in view of providing baby sitting to children whose parents are visiting the National Library of Belarus (the Library hereinafter).
4. The Children’s room activity is provided by the Library's employees on the basis of modern educational, psychological and pedagogical methods.
5. The Children’s room is a specially equipped premise with toys, developing games, sports stock, audio- and video documents, CDs and other editions for children.
6. The Children’s room is available to children and their parents on a fee paid basis, according to the Price List.
7. To leave children at the Children’s room, parents must provide their ID document: passport, residence permit or refugee identity card.
8. The Children’s room accepts children from 3 to 10 years old, without evident physical or mental diseases who are agree to stay under the care of the staff.
9. The length of stay at the Children’s Room is 3 hours at the most. It can be prolonged at the will of a child and their parents.
10. The Children’s Room can accept up to 10 children at once.
11. Parents must read the Rules and sign a registration form if they accept the conditions.
WORK WITH CHILDREN
12. At the Children’s room, staff looks after children according to modern educational, psychological and pedagogical methods. The following activities are offered:
14. The opening hours of the Children’s room:
Tuesday – Saturday: 10 a.m.– 6 p.m.
Monday, Sunday – days off.
14. The Children’s room doesn’t work on official holidays, Easter Day (Orthodox, Catholic) and the Library's cleaning days (the last Monday of a month).
15. The Children’s room stops accepting children 30 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
16. Parents have a right to:
16.1. receive the necessary information on forms and methods of work applied at the Children’s room;
16.2. leave children at the Children’s room during visiting the Library for given period;
16.3. bring children’s indoor shoes and clothing to the Children’s Room;
16.4. make offers concerning children’s leisure management;
16.5. apply for information to the Library management concerning the Children’s room activity.
17. Parents must:
17.1. observe the Instructions for Use of the National Library of Belarus and the given Rules;
17.2. notify the Children’s room employees of the current state of health and psycho-physiological state of their child and possible allergic reactions;
17.3. inform the Children’s Room employees on their location inside the Library;
17.4. help the child take off their outdoor clothing and shoes;
17.5. immediately return to the Children’s room in case of a situation demanding their presence;
17.6. take the child from the Children’s room after a specified period;
17.7. be polite towards staff and visitors at the Children’s room.
17.8. in state of emergency (technical failure, fire, accident, the threat of a terrorist attack, etc), follow the instructions of the staff, internal affairs bodies, agencies and departments for emergency situations.
18. Parents don't:
18.1. bring children whose appearance mismatches the rules of sanitary and personal hygiene;
18.2. bring children with infectious and other diseases that can harm other children’s health;
18.3. bring children with developmental disorders which can cause conflict or dangerous situations;
18.4. bring food stuffs, medicines, valuable things, dangerous (sharp, cutting, explosive etc) objects;
18.5. feed children at the Children’s room;
18.6. damage the equipment of the Children room;
18.7. place advertisements, posters or other advertising material, do commercial activity without permission;
18.8. break the rules of public conduct.
19. Parents are financially liable and may incur other sanctions for damage to property of the Children's room.
20. For non-observance of these Rules parents can be temporary banned from the Children's Room.
21. The Library has a right to:
21.1. make additions and changes to the current Rules;
21.2. ask parents to take their child from the Children’s room ahead of a deadline in case of unforeseen circumstances (manifestation of physical or mental disease, inadequate behavior of a child);
21.3 determine a banning period for parents who have broken these Rules;
21.4. refuse accepting a child in the following cases:
22. The Library is not responsible for valuable objects left at the Children's room.
23. The Library must:
23.1. provide favorable conditions for children at the Children’s room;
23.2. guarantee children’s health and life protection;
23.3. provide a high-quality service;
23.4. provide safety and rational use of the Children’s room equipment;
23.5. observe the rules of protection of labour, accident prevention and fire safety, sanitary and hygienic rules;
23.6. inform parent on:
23.7. keep confidentiality of data on parents and their children.