A virtual scientific round table dedicated to bibliological research in France took place on October 23. The leading expert of the event will be Olga Shutova, PhD in History, Head of the Laboratory of Francysk Skaryna Studies and Valorization of Research on the History of Culture of Belarus (Paris, France).
The participants of the round table had an opportunity to get acquainted in detail with the concept and current activities of the Laboratory of Francysk Skaryna Studies and Valorization of Research on the History of Culture of Belarus, which provides a unique platform for the publication and coordination of research, brings together scientists interested in the life and work of Francisk Skaryna and Belarusian research, ideas, projects and achievements. The format of the event included discussion, exchange of views and experience, discussion of problematic issues of bibliology development and promising joint projects.
Olga Shutova presented the report "Intellectual Landscape of Skaryna's Bible: Context, Personalities, Themes and Influences". The researcher focused on the following questions:
- Skaryna studies as part of the “history of ideas”: the need for renewal and new research opportunities
- Chronological and contextual considerations: student years of Francysk Skaryna
- The Padua Period and the Discourse of Neoplatonism
- The art decoration of the "Russian Bible" by Francysk Skaryna in the context of the Renaissance: the content and possible origin of the "sun-moon" sign
- Multilingualism of Francysk Skaryna's initials "Francysk"
You can watch the recording of the round table on the YouTube channel here.
Bibliology Research Department