1. These Instructions are developed in conformity with the Code of Service of the National Library of Belarus, the Rules about Internet access in the reading rooms of the National Library of Belarus, the Rules about information copying, the Library carrel instructions and the Rules about electronic documents service, and specify the service procedure in the Belarusian Literature Reading Room (the Room hereinafter).
2. The Room provides services to students, bachelors, post-graduates, seekers of a master’s or an academic degree and other certificated specialists in Belarusian studies.
3. The Room provides access to documents from the depository, the deposit collection of the Room and electronic resources.
4. The work time of the Room corresponds with the work time of the National Library of Belarus (the Library hereinafter).
USER INSTRUCTION ABOUT DOCUMENTS ORDERED FROM THE LIBRARY’S DEPOSITORY
5. User can apply to an assistant librarian in the Room or the bibliographer-consultant of the information department (atrium, 2nd floor) for information how to search bibliographical information and order documents from the depository.
6. Order of documents (except for journals and serials unavailable in the Electronic catalog of the Library (EC hereinafter) and electronic supplements to printed editions) is made automatically on any user workbench through the Electronic catalog of the Library.
7. Order of journals and serials unavailable in the EC and electronic supplements to printed editions is made by form. User must fill in the order form and pass it to an assistant librarian at the delivery desk of the Room.
8. User can order up to 30 documents in automated mode or fill in up to 5 order forms for magazines and serials (unavailable in the EC) and up to 3 order forms for electronic supplements.
9. Booking service “today for today” ceases 1 hour before the Library’s closing time. Bookings made later are fulfilled on a day the user chooses when placing an order.
10. The order is fulfilled within 30 minutes.
11. User receives ordered documents (except for electronic supplements to printed editions) at the delivery desk of the Room upon presentation of a library card. Electronic supplements to printed editions are delivered in the Music and audiovisual documents reading room.
12. To receive ordered documents user must passa library card to an assistant librarian.
13. User can take 1 document from those booked by other users. The term of use is 1 hour at the most.
14. User must keep a filled order form put in a borrowed document during the whole period of use.
15. Delivery of documents ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
16. Borrowed documents are to be returned at the delivery desk in the anteroom. User must notify an assistant librarian of the necessity to book documents, extend the lending period or return documents to the depository.
17. User can book documents for 30 days. If necessary and on condition that there is no request from other users the booking period can be extended. The booking period for documents is 90 days at the most.
18. User can book up to 60 documents.
19. Work with microforms is carried out on special equipment prepared by an assistant librarian.
20. User is responsible for all taken documents. In the event that you detect any damages when working with borrowed documents, please notify an assistant librarian.
USER INSTRUCTION ABOUT DOCUMENTS FROM THE DEPOSIT COLLECTION
21. Documents from the deposit collection of the Room are available to all users of the Library.
22. Documents from the closed section of the deposit collection are delivered by an assistant librarian by user’s request. User can take up to 40 documents at once.
23. User can take documents from the open section of the deposit collection. Please don’t break the system of arrangement on the shelving. It is advisable to put documents in place after use.
24. Documents from the deposit collection can’t be booked.
25. It is forbidden to take away documents from the deposit collection of the Room without permission of an assistant librarian.
26. Delivery of documents from the closed section of the deposit collection ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
27. User is responsible for all taken documents. In the event that you detect any damages when working with borrowed documents, please notify an assistant librarian.
ACCESS TO ELECTRONIC RESOURCES
28. Electronic resources of the Library are available on any user workbench.
29. Access to Internet resources is provided for educational and research purposes on particular user workbenches some of which are designed for bibliographical search only.
30. Before accessing Internet user must passa library card to an assistant librarian.
31. User can apply to an assistant librarian for information about how to use electronic resources. In the event of complex information query user can apply to the consultant bibliographer (room 257).
32. Access to Internet resources is free of charge.
33. It is forbidden to perform any system operations in the computer network or reinstall software when working with electronic resources.
34. User can use text editors "WordPad" and "Notepad" when processing electronic data. To avoid information loss it is advisable to save intermediate files when working with text documents.
35. It is forbidden to process data on users’ electronic media. To work with your own media, take a carrel equipped with PC.
PROVISION OF ADDITIONAL SERVICES
36. The Room offers additional (paid) services as follow: photocopying and scanning of fragments of documents from the collections of the Library, export of electronic information to different kinds of data media, according to the legislation of the Republic of Belarus and the Service Price List of the National Library of Belarus (the Price list hereinafter).
37. In the Room user can get color photocopies of up to 40 document pages from the Library’s stocks. Photocopying of more document pages is carried out by operators in the atrium on the first and the second floors.
38. To get documents copied user must fill in the order form and note down the numbers of pages to be copied.
39.The Room provides scanning of up to 40 pages (format А3, А4) of documents from the Library’s stocks. Scanning of more pages and other document formats is carried out by preliminary order made by user at the delivery desk of the Room.
40. To make order for documents scanning user must fill in the order form, pay the order and render clear electronic media (CD, DVD). Fulfillment of the order is made within 2 days.
41. Saving and further copying of electronic information to different kinds of media is made through the file “Briefcase” only on user’s workbench, according to the Instruction about electronic information saving.
42. To copy information from the file “Briefcase” user must notify an assistant librarian of the number of user workbench and the name of created file.
43. To copy electronic information it is advisable to render clear electronic medium. Export of information is performed after virus test (during which virus files can be deleted by the system). In the presence of virus files that can’t be deleted copying of information is denied.
44. Before starting to work in the carrel user must provide the electronic carrier to an assistant librarian for virus check, passa library card to an assistant librarian and note down the time of work.
45. Payment is made by user at cash desks upon presentation of the order form filled by an assistant librarian, according to the Price list.
46. Paid service rendering ceases 15 minutes before the closing time of the Library.
47. Users of the room can use the TV-set free of charge (up to 30 minutes a day) to watch scientific and educational programs. Sound volume is regulated by an assistant librarian so that don’t disturb other users.
To solve any problems not settled by this Regulation, please apply the Head of the Special Collections Division or the First Deputy Director for User Service and Ideology.